Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First Paper Accepted

I just found out that my first paper has been accepted! Its a pretty nice feeling. This paper was based on research I did in the summer of 2005 with the MISL research group in UCC.

A pre-print version of the paper is available here. It was accepted to a conference called First International Workshop on Practical Issues in Building Sensor Network Applications.

Now I'm hoping my paper on small-world networks gets accepted to the AI conference I submitted it to. If I decide to apply for graduate school again this fall, these published papers will make my application a lot better.

It really feels like a sense of achievement when your paper gets accepted and makes your work feel validated. I know thats a bit stupid because I should feel proud of my work anyway but I have to admit it does make me feel a bit prouder of it since it is now worthy of presentation at a scientific conference.

Anyway, fingers crossed on my next paper!!

No comments: