Tuesday, November 25, 2008

OCFS2 Mount by Label Support

While messing around with OCFS2 on my RHEL4 install, I discovered that if I created an OCFS2 filesystem with a label, I was unable to mount it by that label. I would encounter the following:

# mount -L "oradata" /ocfs2
mount: no such partition found
#

I found this quite strange and did some investigation. The version of util-linux that was present on my system after a fresh RHEL 4 install was - util-linux-2.12a-16.EL4.6.

After doing some research online, I discovered that in the latest versions of util-linux, Oracle has included a patch for mounting an OCFS2 filesystem by label.

So I grabbed the latest version of util-linux from Red Hat and viola, I am now able to mount an OCFS2 filesystem by its label.

The current version of util-linux on my system is - util-linux-2.12a-16.EL4.20.

No comments: